Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Riley's last day

I guess he just wanted his last day to be on his own terms: no tube, no cone, no life-preserver.

Ahh...that's better!

Beautiful day; it has to be over 70. How about a romp around Muggleton with Jesse James?

Then maybe we could head up to the green so I can sit in the warm leaves

and rest on the cool path

and on the soft grass

Yeah, this is nice. Think I'll take a little nap while I'm here.

Later on I can take another nap in my sunbeam

and maybe another on the back lawn with Mum

my eyes are getting so sleepy

and the sun feels so nice and warm...don't know why I'm so tired

what's that?

squirrels?

Yay! Dad came home early!

My boy's home too; Walk?

You bet!




Happy Trails Ri,
Love,
~your family

2 comments:

  1. Sheilagh, Mike, Kyle and Kaleigh, God smiled down on Riley and all of us that day, and gave Riley a wonderful, loving last day full of sunshine, warmth and the love of his family.....what more could he want ? Lots of Love , Bo xxxxxxx (next door)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley was an extremely well-loved dog. He led a charmed life after that first harrowing year. I'm so glad he was a part of my life and of Jesse's. Ri was the best BFF a dog could wish for, and Jesse misses him, as do I. I really loved that little guy.

    ReplyDelete